The Day Of Your Interview
Today is the day of your interview. Here are several things to get you through the day.
- Keep your composure. Take a deep breath if you are stressed.
- Greet your interviewer. Put on a smile.
- Listen and let them finish before you jump in.
- Ask questions as you go.
- Think loud if you are thinking of a solution they might be interested in.
- Explain your approach and agree on a solution before jumping on to a board/computer.
- Always talk about time and space complexity and how your programming language handles the data structures you are using.
- If you know multiple solutions talk about all of them one by one. Such as, I can solve this with bruteforce but it has O(n^3) complexity but we can do better…….
- There will be a lot of questions about your experience try to answer them using STAR or SAR method in light of the companies principles. Such as “think different”, “be you/instinctive” philosophy at Apple.
- Thank your interviewer for taking their time interviewing you and greet them bye regardless of the interview outcome.
All the best